Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A wee bit Irish at the Winkles!

Hi friends! Christina here.

With St Patricks day approaching very quickly and I am getting excited! It is one of my favorite holiday ever! It always has been. Green has been my favorite color ever since I can remember. So as a little girl I was so excited to go to school and see a sea full of green. It was mandatory to wear green. It was amazing. Lol. I know I am a nerd... But seriously I love st patricks day! 

Most of you have heard of an Irish Coffee before, yes? If the answer is no, I am about to introduce you. But let me warn you. I make a traditional Irish Coffee. If you were to order this in a restaurant most likely they will take the easy way out and give you coffee with Irish Creme.
Here are the ingredients. 
Coffee
Jameson Irish Whiskey
Sugar
Whipped cream  

Okay here we go. Make your coffee. My husband is a bit of a nerd when it comes to making coffee. He requires a scale for exact measurements. 
Vivian loves the smell of coffee. She always request to smell it before we pour it into the French press. 
While your coffee is steeping pour the remaining hot water from your kettle into your mugs. This warms the mug but also when you pour the water out and add the whiskey, it will also heat up the whiskey. Add an ounce and a half of Jameson. 
Add your sugar. Traditionally speaking three sugar cubes are required. But this is where I switch it up. I use one teaspoon of brown sugar.
Stir the sugar as you pour your coffee. Then at last add your whipped cream. I cheated tonight because the store just around the corner of my house did not have heavy whipping cream. So I just settled for the stuff from the can... :( 
But there you go that's it. Oh and a side note, check out my beautiful mugs my sister made for me. It was our Christmas gift this past year. She is so amazing. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment