Monday, March 30, 2015

Eat here // Dilly Deli

Hi friends, Danielle here!


This weekend, we had a grand time - Sesame Street Live, first soccer game, and a nice little breakfast at one of my fave local spots: Dilly Deli!

The soccer game was terribly cute, and I'm happy to report that it *did* go a bit more smoothly for us than the first soccer practice last Tuesday. 


You see, the soccer practice consisted of approximately 75% temper-tantrum-throwing, but the game only had a minute or two of 'NO!' and stomping, but no full-on temper tantrum! #winning

I think Jett played for about five minutes total, and spent the rest of the time running up and down the sideline / flirting with the older girls. At this age, it's all about fun and the "experience", so we all had a good time (and some laughs, too!). (Go Tigers!)


After the game, we decided to celebrate with a fun breakfast, so immediately I suggested the a downtown spot that I love, since we hadn't been there in a while. I had recently suggested Dilly Deli to a friend in town for vacay, and she and her hubby loved it. I had been craving the Green Eggs & Ham since she posted a pic on Insta a couple weeks ago.


I'm pretty sure Ryan and I both get the same thing every. single. time. For him, it's the eggs / hash browns / biscuits & gravy / Fassler Hall sausage. For me it's the Green Eggs and Ham (see below)! The combination of eggs over medium, prosciutto, has browns, pesto, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes can't be beat, IMO!


A couple things to note about Dilly Deli:

The have a kids eat free night, every Thursday from 4-8pm! We've never been for dinner, but are excited to check it out on an upcoming Thursday.

Also, McNellie's-Group-owned Dilly Deli is undergoing some exciting changes this Spring, changing into more of a diner, offering some diner-style dinner options as well as a late-night menu. Sounds fun! Read more about the upcoming changes here.

Enjoy! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment