Monday, March 2, 2015

Cooking with kids // Pancakes!

 Hi friends! Danielle here. 

Today, let's talk about cooking with kids! You see, I love to cook, and it's one of those activities that is such a great bonding activity - I hope he still likes to help me in the kitchen in 5 years, 10, 20 and beyond!

*Disclaimer: At this age, I will mention, he doesn't always like to help... If there is a car, Duplo or Batman in sight, it's probably not going to happen. Oh, and if Frozen is on, I don't even ask. Ha. But somedays, like a Saturday not too long ago, he agreed to help me make pancakes for Daddy.

Pancakes were a great choice to make with my three-year-old because 1) they're quite simple, 2) there's lots of measuring / dumping / mixing to do (essential tasks for his age group) and 3) instant gratification as the pancakes cook in front of our eyes pretty quickly.

It's also one of those recipes that you very well might not have to make a trip to the grocery store for. I had everything on had except for milk, so I searched for recipes using almond milk (we are currently consuming a lot of the stuff around here!) and found this one, which is quite simple (and delicious!).

Jett more or less lost interest after the measuring / dumping / mixing, but he was excited when they were ready to eat! 


With pancakes, I feel it's always difficult to find the perfect heat and amount of butter in the pan...


By the (very) end, I think I had it down, but alas, this was the last pancake. Ha!


Okay, are you hungry yet?


Hope y'all are having a happy Monday! XO






No comments:

Post a Comment