Monday, March 9, 2015

Get your kicks! // A Route 66 diner experience










Hi friends! Danielle here.


I hope you guys had a fabulous weekend. Springing forward can be rough (6am came extra early on Sunday!), but let's just focus on the longer / sunnier days ahead, shall we?

We had a rad weekend - we took a minute to check out a diner on Route 66, and enjoyed another First Friday Art Crawl in the Brady District.

First, the diner.

And I'll be completely honest about how I found out about this place.

Do you know who Taylor Hanson is? Right, right... I knew you would.

Well, he's one of our local celebrities here in T-town. So of course I follow him on Insta. Every now and then, he'll post a pic from a local restaurant, etc., and last week he posted a pic from Tally's Good Food Cafe . After checking out the review of Tally's on Yelp, I figured it was worth checking out.

*** Side note: If this was some other celeb, like Ryan Adams, I know this would all seem a little stalker-like. But I swear, I'm not a Taylor Hanson stalker - I just want to find more 'where the locals eat' kind of places. Haha.

And, thank you, Taylor Hanson. We enjoyed it.

Here are some pics from the fun little diner on Route 66:


Regulars or just passin' through on Route 66? 




Here's a fun thing about Tally's: You can get breakfast all day (score)! So I enjoyed a veggie omelet. And I figured I was being healthy-ish, until I realized it came with a choice of potatoes AND pancakes or biscuits and gravy (All for $7.95, no less!). And covered with cheese. Oops! #sorrynotsorry


Jett didn't appreciate waiting for me to take pics for this post... (He had the kids' pancakes.)


And a few pics from the First Friday Art Crawl: From top to bottom - Philbrook Downtown, 108 Contemporary and the Woody Guthrie Center (which we didn't make it to last time, but I'm glad we did on Friday - way cool!)




XO

No comments:

Post a Comment