Tuesday, March 3, 2015

BOOKS!!! BOOKS!! AND MORE BOOKS!!!



Hi friends! Christina here.

As you all know we have been having some winter weather here lately. It just so happened that Mr Frost made an appearance on one of my most favorite days of the year! THE HOLLAND  HALL BOOK FAIR! Those of you who are unaware of this event, you should be ashamed of yourself! But have no fear, you will know everything there is to know and more by the end of this post.
I was very excited about the day and was not going to allow a little bit of winter weather get in my way. I arranged for Vivian to have breakfast with her Mimi and Papa and off my husband and I went. The roads were far from perfect, but they were drive able. The important thing is we made it!!!

This was Holland Hall's 55th Anniversary. This is a tradition that my best of friends have been doing for the past 5 years or so. I was so excited to get my husband involved this year. Now I am not going to lie... In the past it was not uncommon for my friends and I to show up hung over with coffee in hand and finding ourselves lost in the sea of books. What use to take me 3 or more hours to go through, now takes me an hour or so... My purchases have also changed dramatically. In the past you would not have caught me dead in the children section. Purchasing a childs book was the last thing on my mind, I was more worried about how to nurse my hang over and getting to my 4:30 shift on time. LOL, oh how things have changed! All for the better of course!

So after searching for our hidden treasure my husband and I made it to the check out counter for our books before we went off to children section for Vivian. We got a total of 26 books and our total was no more than $35. Winning!!!

Off we went to the pick up some books for Vivian. We got her a dozen new books all for a whooping $26. I neglected to get a photo of our stash, but my husband was very excited about his loot and posted it on Facebook. So here is his treasure!


Here is some information off of their website! So keep in mind for next year! It is always around the same time every year.

Mark Your Calendars!
55th Holland Hall Book Fair
A Tulsa Tradition!
Saturday, February 28, 2015
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

About the Book Fair:For the past 55 years, Holland Hall families along with many community members, donate books and original media for this annual February affair. Holland Hall families are encouraged to participate with donations in the month of October. Each student, (or family), donating, receives points according to their donation. The point slips for donations are available at each division office, on-line through Holland Hall and attached to the donation deposit Book Bins. Book Bins are well marked and conveniently located at each school division.
How do you get a chance at a prize?  Point slips! Point slips provide your child and his/her grade credit during the October drive period. To receive credit, you must fill out a point slip. Most families staple/tape their point slip to their donation. You need to fill out only one per donation and we also give extra points if your donation arrives in a usable box! (Noted on point slip!)
What Items Can You Donate?
Items accepted includes any gently used books, toys, board games, puzzles, original computer games/programs, original issue music media along with stuffed animals and education toys. Please refer to the point slip for your specific concerns and guidelines. Donations are accepted anytime of the year, and points, for your student, will be carried forward.
Volunteers:
The Holland Hall Book Fair requires many people to generate this successful occasion, and that is where you, a Holland Hall community member, becomes integral. The opportunities to meet other parents while cashiering, sorting and pricing books in the book room, assisting set-up for the day of the sale and preview party, marshalling and informational assistance, the Book Fair offers many opportunities for new friendship while providing the prosperity for this event!




No comments:

Post a Comment