Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Don't let the gringos fool you!

Hello Friends!

Christina Here! 

I know that Danielle told ya'll yesterday about a Elote, an amazing Mexican restaurant downtown. But today I am going to let you know about El Rio Verde! We eat there a lot! It is not our FAVORITE Mexican joint but definitely in our top 5.


I was first introduced to El Rio Verde by my friend Tracey. It was a place we use to go to cure a hang over. I don't really think it did anything to help us feel better, however it did help that, god I am so hungry I could eat a horse feeling, after a heavy night of drinking. I remember one night when we had the DREAM team working at The Chalkboard, we all had gone out the night before and were seriously struggling at work the next day. Tracey ordered the whole staff chorizo tacos, as any good manager would! It was like heaven! But these days Trey, Vivian and I usually make it a lunch date! We also ate there a lot when I was pregnant. The waitresses have watched Vivian grow up.


The place is really small. I think there are maybe 15 tables in the whole place. The waitresses are very attentive, kind and speedy. There is a little bit of a language gap. They speak English, but it is a bit limited. The food is AMAZING! They have awards all over their walls. Most from the ABOT's. It is located at 38 N Trenton Ave. It's a tiny little place with a gravel parking lot. 



They are very well known for their burritos. But I love the tacos! However, if you are really looking for that authentic Mexican meal, don't be turned off by all of the gringos that frequent the place, they have plenty of authentic choices too. One thing I do feel I must warn you about, this is not the place to go for chips and salsa. Trey and I have a theory that the best Mexican joints have the worse chips and salsa. If you want chips and salsa go to a chain restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment