Friday, March 27, 2015

More than just pancakes!

Hello Friends! 
Christina here.... 
Driving home yesterday, I found myself having no idea on what to cook for dinner. Trey had a brilliant idea of having pancakes. We are pretty strict on what Vivian eats, and she does a really good job eating whatever we put in front of her so I figured why not.However this did mean no dessert for after dinner. This was a trade Vivian was willing to make. She associates pancakes with her birthday for whatever reason. Maybe because there is cake in the word? Not sure... But she kept running around the house screaming "birthday party" and singing happy birthday to herself! She is a funny kid! 

I was raised on pancakes. My father made them for us every weekend. Cooking, eating, seeing pancakes always brings me back to my childhood. Standing in the kitchen with my younger sister helping daddy make pancakes while my baby sister was in her high chair eating the first ones off the griddle. All while George Straight played on the radio. Oh happy days! 

My pancakes are a bit different than my fathers. I don't use self rising flour and I leave the protein powder out! My father at one point was what I would conciser an amateur body builder, hence the protein powder in our pancakes. 

Here are the ingredients. Flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, egg, butter and milk.


Vivian just had to help. So did daddy. It is hard for him to stay out of the kitchen when I am cooking. I would like to say that it is because he just cant stand to be away from me. But, something tells me it has something to do with him being afraid of me screwing something up... Oh to be married to a chef! 


Trey did chuckle a little bit when I was flipping the pancakes.... They are not perfect looking, however they are delicious! 


Okay so I was introduced to putting peanut butter on my pancakes when I was a kid by my Uncle TK. Seriously this might be one of the best things in the world! My love for peanut butter runs deep!!! LOL! However I decided to make something a bit more fancy this time around. I made a mousse??? Sort of. I just combined peanut butter, honey, greek yogurt and cinnamon together. It was delicious! 


Our friends Trevor and Natalie introduced us to this maple syrup from Vermont! It is amazing. It's pricey, but well worth it! 


I think I have a happy little girl on my hands! Funny, she ate every last bite! Hmm... She doesn't do that with her vegetables... 


Here is what pancakes at the Winkles look like! 








No comments:

Post a Comment