Monday, March 23, 2015

Eat Here! // Elote

Hey y'all! Danielle here!

On Friday night (Well, it was technically the afternoon, 4:30pm-ish - We were excited it was the weekend!) we journeyed down to Tulsa's Deco District for puffy tacos at Elote!

Jett and I had only been once before, and Ryan had never been, so we looked at it as a mini-adventure.

First of all, the Deco District is pretty neat - lots of big buildings and cool architectural details to look at. There are some fun little restaurants nestled in the area, too (Hello, Atlas Grill! Love that place.).

This place hits my top three criteria for being a fave: 1) It's good (Gotta be good!), 2) It's local, 3) It's kid friendly without being, well, Chick-fil-A (Disclaimer: We love Chick-fil-A, obvi, but you know what I mean). The cherry-on-the-top is that the prices are very reasonable. They're also very proud of their locally-sourced produce and meats (which they should be!), so that's another thing to love about the place!

The marg was super good! Fresh and tart, just a marg should be; Plus they make it from scratch - no too-sweet mixes here, folks!


Last time, I had the chicken puffy tacos with beans and rice, so on a whim, I asked our server how the salmon tacos were. She raved about them, so I was sold. And I was very happy with my choice! OH! And a friend had told me how good the sweet potatoes were, so I was sure to get them as a side - so delish!


Ryan also enjoyed his beef tacos, and Jett, well... Jett like the bite of his cheese quesadilla (I think?). The struggle is real, y'all.


We finished our evening with a little one-man wrestling match, because, really, what Friday evening is complete without one. They have live hipster wrestling here every now and then - check their website for deets.


So, do yourself a favor, and enjoy a puffy taco at Elote this week. You'll also see them at the Cherry St. Farmer's Market, peddling their breakfast tacos! So good.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment