Thursday, March 5, 2015

Winter weather with the Winkles


Hi friends! Christina here!

This Winkle family has been enjoying a little winter fun! As I am sure most parents of daughters are very familiar with the movie Frozen.... My daughter is two, and obsessed. In fact we have recently hidden it from her. Don't worry grandparents we will give it back soon, Mom and Dad just need a little bit of a Frozen break. Now with that being said, she has been begging to build a snow man ever since her first introduction to Olaf. So when we got some decent snow last weekend she and I ran out side to play in the snow.
She looked so cute in her new snow suit.
I bought it a size larger than what she is wearing now, in hopes that she can wear it next year too. Once we were outside I quickly realized that she and I did not have gloves to build a snowman....

 I know I failed!  But we did play in it at least! Vivian would not stop eating the snow. She also kept trying to put it in her pockets... We had a blast! After our frozen adventure, we came in and had a snack, took a nap and woke up refreshed and ready to take on the world.

So we decided to paint! It is a new hobby of ours. I have always wanted to be a painter... As silly as that sounds. I have always been jealous of those artistic types. LOL. But recently have been given great advice by my friend DD. She said it's all about putting your creativity out on the canvas. Not about the final product. I am highly critical of my work, but I am trying to forget about that, and just PAINT! Vivian loves to paint. She is very speedy too. She finished 8 paintings before I could even finish mine.



   My happy little painter and her long line of art drying on the counter!












And here is mine. Not a fan. But my husband likes it. I don't know if that is him just being a supportive husband, or if he just has really bad taste in art... j/k he is amazing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment